Tuesday, June 12, 2012

new website and recent travels

Oh hai! You may have noticed I have not been posting much lately - well I've moved my blog over to my new website (yay!)

Notice all those lovely photos on the home page? They were taken by new new boyfriend, who is a photographer. (yay!)

I've also fully moved into my new studio. (yay!)



Since my new man travels for his job, I've been able to accompany him on some recent trips. (yay!) 

Most recently was a trip to Charlottesville, Virginia for "Look3 - The Festival of the Photograph". What does a photo festival entail? Presentations by incredible world-renowned photographers, bookended by events, parties, dinners, and gallery exhibits all against the backdrop of lovely, leafy (and hot) Charlottesville.



The list of photographers presenting and exhibiting is extremely broad in scope - but I was thrilled to be attending this festival because some of the photographers presenting and/or exhibiting were rather famous National Geographic contributors! (You know how I loves my animals).

It was all a bit overwhelming to me. My beau has been working in the photography world for quite some time and he knows a lot of these amazing photographers personally. I felt privileged to meet (Mike)"Nick" Nichols (the festival's founder); to have dinner with Steve Winter, and an impromptu lunch with Donna Ferrato.

The opening night presentation was by underwater photographer David Doubilet. I didn't get a chance to meet David, but his presentation completely blew me away. The man is a humble, funny genius doing amazing work for the oceans and threatened marine life.

Please take a moment to click on the above links - these people are incredibly talented, disciplined and deeply dedicated artists. If there is a common link, I'd say each of them (in their own way) go to places "normal" people would not dare to tread and bring back images that show us worlds we otherwise would never see.

On the (slightly) lighter side :



Bunny meets Cat outside Robin Shwartz's exhibit. She encouraged people to bring their pets to the gallery. Yes, that cat does look a lot like my Theo - but it's not (I wish).

No comments: